For a lot of clients, doing job-costing calculations takes hours on spreadsheets and there’s a lot of room for error. Job costing software streamlines the process and automates the calculations, to make everything easier and faster. And saves you from endless spreadsheets!
It allows you to:
- Price jobs accurately - By working out the specific costs for each job, you’ll have far more confidence in the final estimate.
- Avoid customer conflict - An accurate upfront estimate reduces the risk of a nasty surprise when your customer gets the final bill. And the happier the customer, the better your chance of getting repeat work and referrals.
- Submit a timely estimate - Job costing used to take a lot longer than process costing. With job costing software, however, you just punch in the numbers – let the software do the maths – and your estimate is ready.
- Calculate realistic profit margins - Job costing software makes it easy to add your markup and calculate your margin – so you stay competitive but profitable.
- Track progress and costs in real time - As you work through the job, you can enter actual costs against estimated costs to see how the budget is looking. This will allow you to keep ahead of escalating costs and communicate with the client.
Depending on your industry, pain points and job costing needs, some software I recommend is:
- Xero Projects: Xero Projects is easy-to-use, mobile-friendly job costing software right within Xero.
- WorkflowMax: A Xero product offering all-in-one workflow. Over 10,000 service businesses trust WorkflowMax for quotes, timesheets, financial project management, reporting, invoices and much more.
- ServiceM8: ServiceM8 integrates seamlessly with Xero, allowing you to manage any field service business from the client’s first call to job completion, invoicing and payment.
- Tradify: The complete job management solution for tradies & contractors. Easy to learn, simple to use. Handles Quoting, invoicing, job scheduling and tracking, timesheets & more.
Want to save time and simplify your business? We're here to help!